Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A nice Summer Punch Recipe?

Options
  • 18-06-2010 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I'm looking for a good recipe for punch for an upcoming BBQ/Party. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭essdee

This is a recipe for fruit soup, rather than for punch. It is lovely in this weather and with lots of the fruit in season. I haven't made it myself but I had it in the hosue of a friend, who gave me the recipe. When I had it, it was served in a bowl but I'm sure it could be served in cups/glasses at a BBQ.

From the Tassajara Recipe Book

Stock
    1 cup Cranberry juice
    1 cup apple juice
    ½ cup orange juice
    ½ cup coarse-cut seeded watermelon, blended
    ½ cup strawberries, blended
    ½ cup coarse-cut peaches, blended
    1 cup bananas, blended

Optional additions to stock: - not used by my friend.
    3/8 cup lemon or lime juice
    ¼ to ½ cup white or red wine, sake or champagne
    Fresh mint leaves, blended in with the fruit
    ½ teasp cinnamon
    1/8 teasp cardamon

Cut fruit

½ cup strawberry halves
    ½ cup Watermelon chunks
    ½ cup Seedless grapes
    ½ cup Peach slices, halved
    ½ cup Pineapple chunks
    ½ cup Cantaloupe melon balls or chunks
    ½ cup Honeydew melon balls or chunks

(You can put in less fruit than this – e.g. strawberry slices, halved grapes, watermelon balls, blueberries, melon balls – less than the quantities above).

Method
    Combine stock ingredients for the liquid base, adding optional ingredients to taste. If possible, start early as the flavours improve as the concoction sits. Add the cut fruit. (After making melon balls, any melon remnants that remain can be pureed). Serve chilled in bowls.

Advertisement