Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using my Iphone to check Eircom Messages - Help

Options
  • 18-06-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi All
    i have my iphone set up to check my Eircom emails. HOwever once I've checked it using my iPhone it no longer shows up when I log into Eircom maill using my PC.

I'm pretty sure its just a button I need to tick....but can't for the life of me figure out how to change this setting!!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Into settings, mail, pick your account, then into advanced and there's an option at the bottom called delete
    from server and set that to never

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

jamesd wrote: »
    Into settings, mail, pick your account, then into advanced and there's an option at the bottom called delete
    from server and set that to never

Hi thanks for your help. Where do I do the above...Iphone or Eircom Email Accountr?

On the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Just regarding changing it to never, make sure you log into the webmail account once in a while and delete the mails, else it will fill up entirely. Either that, or have the setting to delete after certain number of days, or when it is deleted on the iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

banquo wrote: »

Banquo, that was about as useful as tits on a bull......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I only say that because eircom's email is phenomenally unsafe. More often than not, they turn up in other peoples spam filters because they're so unsecure. A nightmare of an email system.

If the user is using an iPhone to check their mail, and they'll be doing that a lot because it's always with them, forwarding their mail to a gmail account means a much easier setup and retrieval process. Also a better reading experience as ios4 will take advantage of gmails threaded mail feature.

Also, just in general, gmail is just an unbelievably far superior email account.

Also, eircom's email accounts may not be around 9 months from now...

Can you fill us in on this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I only say that because eircom's email is phenomenally unsafe. More often than not, they turn up in other peoples spam filters because they're so unsecure. A nightmare of an email system.

If the user is using an iPhone to check their mail, and they'll be doing that a lot because it's always with them, forwarding their mail to a gmail account means a much easier setup and retrieval process. Also a better reading experience as ios4 will take advantage of gmails threaded mail feature.

Also, just in general, gmail is just an unbelievably far superior email account.

Thats more like it......:p

Advertisement