Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of Wine Merchants in Carcassonne?

Options
  • 18-06-2010 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi All

Just looking for wine merchants in carcassonne. Heading there in early september and need to buy the wine over there. I know that Lidl and Aldi supply wines but would be nice to get one from a seller.

If anyone knows of somewhere around there, I would be grateful.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sourgrapes

If you're in Carcassone, you're in the heart of the Cabardes region with plenty of Vin de Pays, Minervois, Corbieres close by.

One recommendation I'd give you is about 6km north of town, a small village of Pennautier. There's a lovely restaurant and cellar door shop which sells the wines of Lorgeril - a number of properties throughout the south. www.lorgeril.com for details.

Two other really good properties are:

1. O'Vineyards - about 5 years old, run by a charming American family (see www.ovineyards.com for details)

2. Chateau Jouclary: good wines, already available here from Bubble Brothers in Cork.

Lar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭10-10-20

These guys do a fantastic rosé...
    http://www.chateau-valmy.com/

I know it's a bit of a trip away, but look out for a bottle or two while you're there.

...and don't shop in Aldi/Lidl while on holidays...

Advertisement