Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redshank Weed?

Options
  • 18-06-2010 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

We moved in a newly built house about 6 months ago. The garden was only rotivated and we got top soil down and then the grass seed. It's been about 6-7 weeks since the seed went down but the garden seems invested with weeds. From checking up, it seems like Redshank but i'm not sure.

Couple of quick questions if anyone can help.

1. Will putting weedkiller down kill the grass aswel? Can anyone recommend a good weedkiller?
    2. Should we get the grass cut and see if that will end it? It will be the first cut so not sure when's the best time to cut it.
    3. What about pulling them all up from the roots manually? Will that leave gaping holes that we'll need to put more seed down?
    4. Will it just go away or will it keep coming back?

Any other advice more than welcome. Thanks

Tony

redshankgarden.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

These are annual weeds and when you cut your lawn a couple of times it will eradicate these.
    Your lawn is too young to apply weedkiller

From looking at your lawn I would give it a couple of weeks before I would cut it.

Advertisement