Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with iPod

Options
  • 18-06-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭

This is probably not the correct forum for this but I couldnt find an appropriate forum in Tech. I also figure that gamers know their tech and might be able to help.

I had a major harddrive failure and lost all of my music on it. I still have the music on my ipod and want to transfer it to my windows 7 pc. Any suggestions of how I can get the music off my ipod and onto my pc? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

There are a lot of third party programs out there that can do this kinda thing.

Yamipod and Floola work as far as I remember.

They are good in an emergency like this, but they aren't a great iTunes replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Tech --> Consumer Electronics --> Apple media devices

Im sure a mod will move ye soon enough ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Winamp should also do the job nicely - used it recently for transferring a music library from an old iPod to a folder on my PC, then on to another iPod

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from "Games".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

download a linux distro like the latest ubuntu, burn it to disc, pop it in your drive and boot into it without installing,

plug in your iphone, you will have access to all the iphone folders and drag your music back into Places/windows file system/users/your account/desktop or music folder..where ever you want

or an external hardrive if easier for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

I was cleaning up my computer files and accidentally deleted the Music folder which resulted in any music, videos, photo's etc in my itunes being deleted. When I connected my Ipod to the computer it asked me if I wanter to transfer or copy my ipod tunes onto my pc which I did. However if you had songs saved in your itunes and that were not on your ipod at the same, they would be lost!

Advertisement