Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus One warranty

Options
  • 18-06-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

The power button on my Nexus One has become semi responsive. I have to push it about 5 times for it to work.

Not a complete nightmare as I can just swipe for incoming calls but would something like that be covered under the warranty?

A mate bought it for me in the States and shipped it over so how will that complicate things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭baileye

Call HTC in the UK, it will be fine - or at least it has been in the past.

You can try calling Google in the US (it's a freephone number, so free on Skype), but if it's hardware they will redirect you to HTC. They can transfer you to HTC in the US, but they will suggest shipping the phone to them there, obviously it's better if you can get it shipped to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

baileye wrote: »
    Call HTC in the UK, it will be fine - or at least it has been in the past.

You can try calling Google in the US (it's a freephone number, so free on Skype), but if it's hardware they will redirect you to HTC. They can transfer you to HTC in the US, but they will suggest shipping the phone to them there, obviously it's better if you can get it shipped to the UK.

Cheers, called HTC UK there and they said send it to them and they will repair it in 10 days.

One thing, I have FroYo on it, does that effect my warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

PH4T wrote: »
    Cheers, called HTC UK there and they said send it to them and they will repair it in 10 days.

One thing, I have FroYo on it, does that effect my warranty?

Just unroot it if its rooted, and flash stock Froyo or Eclair (up to you)

It won't have an impact on your warranty, but I have heard that HTC reps have suggested installing the original ROM, but that was in the case of modified ROMs. A leaked official ROM shouldn't be an issue. If it was me, I would downgrade if I had the time, just so HTC don't give any grief about it, but equally you could argue that it's a legitimate ROM, Google have already said the leak (first one anyway) was a release candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Hey PH4T did you get your N1 back yet? the power button on mine just died last night, I stupidly took out the battery forgetting I wouldnt be able to turn it back on :o

• Advertisement

hal9000 wrote: »
    Hey PH4T did you get your N1 back yet? the power button on mine just died last night, I stupidly took out the battery forgetting I wouldnt be able to turn it back on :o

Haven't sent it away yet Hal. My power button isn't totally dead yet so I'll prob just keep using it till it dies.

Is there anyway to program the power button to another key? The trackball on the front would be better...

I'm going to send my Nexus One off to HTC to get fixed this week?

Should I wipe the data off it or is it ok as is?

I think it depends on how sensitive the data on there is. Wipe anything you wouldn't want in the public domain is my recommendation.

• Advertisement

Well it's gone off in the post to HTC now so I'm back using my old Nokia N95.

Advertisement