Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Forget That Person

Options
  • 18-06-2010 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was dumped a month back by my girlfriend. In retrospect, she was bad for me. If I acknowledge that, why do I pine for her?

She treated me badly, and she had issues, but here is where it gets complicated.

I had family problems around the time we broke up. I can't decipher whether I was wrong, in that her reasons for dumping me were valid.

I think maybe I'm wracking my brains here because I could have a dependent personality? Why did I get involved with such a selfish person...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

At a guess, because you believe that somehow she's special. That the fact that she was ever interested in you somehow makes her really important. That you're losing something by not being with her, and that you might never find someone else.

Which, of course, is all a load of rubbish. She treated you like crap and she was messed up. You can meet someone nice who respects you and have a proper relationship and not give her a second thought. You just need to open yourself up to meeting new people and forget about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

A bit of advice

- Dont get bitter.

- Cut all contact including texting.

- Try to avoid the "what ifs" and apportioning blame. It may have ended anyway. Her reason for dumping you was probably that she was no longer into you. This is a valid reason and something you may not have been able to do anything about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

You're better off without her. Move on, be happy and let her suffer alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭skooterblue

MRBEAVER wrote: »
    A bit of advice

- Dont get bitter.

- Cut all contact including texting.

- Try to avoid the "what ifs" and apportioning blame. It may have ended anyway. Her reason for dumping you was probably that she was no longer into you. This is a valid reason and something you may not have been able to do anything about.

Also get up early tomorrow morning, clean the whole house/flat/room from top to bottom and throw out everything that you possibly can that reminds your of her like cards, teddies and miscellaneous clothes. Make allowances for good electronic equipment ect.

its not a solution to your problem, but its a good start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Glenshane Pass

Also get up early tomorrow morning, clean the whole house/flat/room from top to bottom and throw out everything that you possibly can that reminds your of her like cards, teddies and miscellaneous clothes. Make allowances for good electronic equipment ect.

its not a solution to your problem, but its a good start

Exactly.

This is your launch pad to start a fresh one. You dodged a bullet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Micahelxcx

You say she is narcisstic. In what way?
    You say she has problems herself. Well, they are for her to resolve and not be loading onto you. Don't you go making allowances for bad behaviour on her part towards you.
    She needs to face up to her own issues.
    I agree with all other contributors. Open up to other girls. Don't always be seeking out that 'special' lady. You probably have a dependent personality and are insecure. Believe in yourself. Your looks, your character, your personality. Don't feel second best to others nor inferior to women.
    Be confident when you meet a lady. Chat normally, don't put on an act.
    You will meet a really caring, loving lady who will respect you for being you.
    And the narcisstic one! Well, she will still be treating her 'current' bf like a doormat and believing the world evolves around her. Unless she makes serious strides to change.

Advertisement