Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jambons where did they go...?

Options
  • 18-06-2010 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

jambons where did they go...? havent seen these in a long long time just got a sudden craveing for these so first thing in the morning ill be on a mission ,also can these be bought and cooked yourself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

you can buy filo pastry, cheese and ham in almost every supermarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

Mellor wrote: »
    you can buy filo pastry, cheese and ham in almost every supermarket.

whats filo pastry never heard of it before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyllo
    Filo pastry -- it's very very very thin pastry, used for sweet & savoury things. Very light & usually kinda crunchy when baked. It can be pretty hard to make yourself, so most people tend to buy it premade, you can get it frozen etc.

Jambons - I'm sure some convenience stores still do these? Like in their hot counter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

You'd usually find them in the hot counter of Centra's and Dunnes. I've never seen them sold frozen or anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Those apple stations near me have them. And Centras generally have them. God I seem to see them EVERYWHERE! i really love them, but can't eat them - too fattening!! :* But they're yum. Once I got 2 for €2.50!! Maybe this is why I need to diet........... :P

• Advertisement

anto86 wrote: »
    whats filo pastry never heard of it before
    The pastry used in jambons, I might make these tonight actually

• Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mellor wrote: »
    The pastry used in jambons, I might make these tonight actually

Would it not be puff pastry?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The Topaz(Shell-Entra-Macs) on the Dock Rd in Limerick always do them, very tasty too.

I suppose would do, the ones I used to buy weren't puff pastry, they were much more like filo.

Wonder if anybody would know where to get a recipe/method for these

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

All the spars and fresh shops have them. Also get really good ones in Hueston Station. unfortunately I got one there on Saturday morning after a large amount of drink the night before, it was a lovely burnie one! Still feel guilty about it but it really did hit the spot!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I used to eat them all the time till i realised what the so called 'ham' chunks are made of.

They're actually little chunks of spam.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Wtf are jambons? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its little bits of ham and cheese on a croissant(?) type pastry usually in a square shape with the corners folder over it. Best image I can find is:
    209_HamCheeseJambon.jpg

Advertisement