Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An experiment

Options
  • 18-06-2010 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

I'd like to try something during the mid term break in the boards cup. Play a similarly ranked team, both of us wnwim and aiming for a 0-0 draw.
    • B teams.
    • Worst handling player in the squad at scrumhalf.
    • Worst kicker at outhalf.
    • Props on the wings.
    • wingers in the frontrow.

That sort of thing. The idea is to see if we can take advantage of the 100% friendly igt without incurring significant energy loss or the risk of a contentment hit. I'm not sure if it will work - i've never seen a 0-0 result in this game, but i'd like to give it a go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'd like to try something during the mid term break in the boards cup. Play a similarly ranked team, both of us wnwim and aiming for a 0-0 draw.
    • B teams.
    • Worst handling player in the squad at scrumhalf.
    • Worst kicker at outhalf.
    • Props on the wings.
    • wingers in the frontrow.

That sort of thing. The idea is to see if we can take advantage of the 100% friendly igt without incurring significant energy loss or the risk of a contentment hit. I'm not sure if it will work - i've never seen a 0-0 result in this game, but i'd like to give it a go.

I can see this being quite tough, I've had props on the wings before and they've been scoring machines, but easy to get around... it'd be a hard one to judge fo' sure. I might be up for it though, just for the craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I can see this being quite tough, I've had props on the wings before and they've been scoring machines, but easy to get around... it'd be a hard one to judge fo' sure. I might be up for it though, just for the craic :)
    Maybe 100% PnG, hopefully with enough mistakes/turnovers to keep things near the middle of the park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

You'd want a team with very high defence more than anything cos mixing up your team will leave you very easy to score on

Advertisement