Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulch bark / weed control material

Options
  • 17-06-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Could anyone tell me where i could get good value Bark mulch delivered to celbridge...

I need enough to cover an area of bedding approx....35 sqm...

also need weed control material....

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I'll stick my nose in and coment on your requests...

I wouldn't recomend any weed membrane under bark mulch... The mulch breaks down in 2/3 years into wonderful compost which sits on top of the membrane and grows spectacular weeds...

I've found bark mulch works best if you first clear the ground as much as possible and lay it down thick as you can afford...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have bark mulch on membrane, for about 2 years, and it has done a great job - well the membrane has, I think the mulch is just holding the membrane in place and looking nice. I am having to top it up but it has made life much easier.

I can't help you with buying it locally, but I bought bales of it and I found that one type was very tightly packed and meant that you got a lot of mulch for your money. Another that I got didn't have nearly as much in. Don't go by weight, that just means its wet. I think it was Westland.

Advertisement