Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres

Options
  • 17-06-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All.
    I need some advice on replacing 2 front tyres in my fiat motorhome. I have the original Michelin radial camping car tyres, 215/70R/50. My local supplier is recommending a brand i havent heard before.

Safe Driving

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

What brand are you being recomended and what is the load/speed index.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

buy the best tyre you can afford , especially on the front . Some day..you never know when.. you'll have to slam on the anchors , or steer around something... and your Sunny/Kenda/Nankang etc will let you down .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

and make sure you get commercial, C-rated tyres with a high load index

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Just buy decent ones. You will have them for ages anyway unless you are doing big mileage. It will be worth the initial investment in the long run and isn't worth skimping on.

Edit: to qualify the above it is not the same as buying cheap tyres for your car that you will use regularly and they will wear out the same or quicker as an expensive tyre (and may or may not have the same grip, water displacement grooves and all that good stuff). A decent MH tyre is designed specifically with the typical occasional usage, weights of a MH in mind so they will last in calendar time rather than miles driven. Perhaps (but perhaps not too) these other brands are not designed for MH type useage in mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement