Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire from CPW,box previously opened.Can I check usage logs?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Sorry for the repost from the parent forum, hoping to get a reply before tomorrow morning - does anyone know if there's any firmware logs on the desire that will allow me to check whether the phone was used before I bought it?

Any tests I should run if I decide to keep the phone, or any known issues to look out for?

Cheers.

Original thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055943457

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When you turn on the phone for the first time, it should start with a wizard to set the phone up (google account, practice with keyboard, wifi setup etc.)

Did you get that, or did it go straight to the home screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't turned on the phone yet or taken the charger out of it's sealed bag.

Haven't decided whether to keep it yet.

I suppose if the battery is at zero charge and the wizard you described appears it should be ok to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, the wizard will be a telltale sign if it has been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

My battery wasn't empty, I think I got nearly a whole day out of it.

I got mine off Meteor and inside the sealed HTC box was a HTC sticker which could have been placed on the box to seal it again. Thought that was strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

The Wizard isn't necessarily a tell tale sign, it's a good indication but if they know what they're doing they can just factory reset the phone and the wizard will appear.

I'm hopefully getting a Desire tomorrow, anyone want a Hero running Modaco's 2.1 ROM let me know, will be up on adverts soon anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

You can easily set the wizard to display again by going to Setting->Privacy. A lot of the HTC phones have been opened/reselead. To be honest I wouldn't worry about it. I got one from carphone warehouse and the seal was broken, but another one was put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Keith186

Search for android codes in this forum there wads a code which showed battery running time if I remember correctly. Not sure if a hard reset would wipe that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

Thanks for the replys folks. Think I'll hang on to it, I'll be having a look for those codes too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Keith186

First code here:
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66165077#post66165077

Checked it out on mine, doesn't give you a running time since first ever boot.
    It does give percentages of what had used the battery from the start though so it might give you some clues if some of the highest programs are ones you haven't used.

Advertisement