Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

simcards

Options
  • 17-06-2010 9:11pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I remember before I had an iphone hearing that one of the mobile carriers in this country had simcards that do not work with the Iphone, now I have an unlocked 3g Iphone and want to swap to 3/meteor - do their sims both work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Sure do i've meteor sim myself in one

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Sweet, don't know where I got it from that 3 sims won't work - it sounds stupid I just though I heard it somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Heard it myself somewhere before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Don't 3 sims only work in 3G enabled handsets, so it wouldn't work in the 2G handset?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ahh yes that makes sense - so basically once you have the 3g or newer your safe. Much thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I could be wrong, But I'm sure a 3 sim didn't work when I tried it in an unlocked 2g nokia...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I could be wrong, But I'm sure a 3 sim didn't work when I tried it in an unlocked 2g nokia...

Yes, I think that is what they are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

A 3 simcard WILL work in non-3G devices. If 3G isn't available, your phone will just use Vodafone's 2G network. It happens when you're outside of cities and have no 3 3G coverage, so if you only have a 2G handset, you will just always be on Vodafone's network.

Advertisement