Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeds in Gravel area

Options
  • 17-06-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

I have my small front garden under gravel with a hedge around the perimeter, problem is that the weeds (especially dandelions) are pushing through the membrane under the gravel. Can anyone recommend a weed killer that I can spray on the weeds but won't kill the roots of the hedge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Alan666

Yup, Roundup will do the trick, pricey but good as it works in a way that penetrates the plant and kills it from the root. If you make sure not to spray on a windy day and only get the chemical on the dandelions, it will only kill that plant and you will have no worry about your hedging. Its good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Wyldwood wrote: »
    I have my small front garden under gravel with a hedge around the perimeter, problem is that the weeds (especially dandelions) are pushing through the membrane under the gravel. Can anyone recommend a weed killer that I can spray on the weeds but won't kill the roots of the hedge?

Casoron g is the best weed killer out there.

Advertisement