Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor for 3G coverage

Options
  • 17-06-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭

With o2 making their big boo boo, and now having the chance to jump ship, I am very tempted to go over to Meteor.

I am presently on Advance 175 with o2, but for €30pm I can go to Meteor bill pay smart on a rolling 30 day contract and get 200 mins, 200 txts, 1GB of data, and free Meteor to Meteor calls and txts.

My only hesitation though is to what Meteor's 3g coverage is like. I use my iPhone alot on 3G, and I don't want to switch if I am going to be stuck on a network that will often leave me on 2G/Edge.

Anyone here on Meteor for an iPhone, and based in Dublin? If so, what's the reception like for 3G?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

3g on meteor is really good. I use it 90% in Dublin and the other 10% throughout the country. Coverage is great and where you can't get 3g it roams into edge coverage. I've been told its the fastest network in the country.

Definitely better than my experiences with 02 and Vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Bluefoam wrote: »
    3g on meteor is really good. I use it 90% in Dublin and the other 10% throughout the country. Coverage is great and where you can't get 3g it roams into edge coverage. I've been told its the fastest network in the country.

Definitely better than my experiences with 02 and Vodafone

It is one of the fasest networks in the country and that's due to the fact there are very few mobile broadband users on meteor as they came In quite late to the market, I think that might change though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Ricky91t wrote: »
    It is one of the fasest networks in the country and that's due to the fact there are very few mobile broadband users on meteor as they came In quite late to the market, I think that might change though.

I think its more to do with the fact that Meteor have installed a more advanced system which I believe is a 7.2MB system which is upgradable to 17MB in the short term and is capable of increased speeds as the technology is made available. I find it bazaar that you are using the idea that O2 have over loaded their system to a level where it is causing problem for the customers - as an argument against Meteor...

If O2's network is over capacity it is purely down to the fact that they haven't bothered to invest in enough capacity.

You don't just install a mobile network charge you customers a **** load of money and expect the thing to just run indefinatly.

Advertisement