Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bra for 32A bust

Options
  • 17-06-2010 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm a 32A and am looking for a good waterbra or padded bra, can anyone recommend a good brand or one please? I've tried wonderbra's in the past and didn't really help nad have also worn 2bras at the same time. I've heard Atlantis bras are good, any recommendations or opinions???

All help would be really appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

definitely try la senza, they have a very good range :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

honeybee7 wrote: »
    I'm a 32A and am looking for a good waterbra or padded bra, can anyone recommend a good brand or one please? I've tried wonderbra's in the past and didn't really help nad have also worn 2bras at the same time. I've heard Atlantis bras are good, any recommendations or opinions???

All help would be really appreciated. :)
    Atlantis are great! I am a 32AA and the find the gel-filled bras fab!

I have four Atlantas bras.

1 white strapless, 1 black strapless, 1 white non-strapless and 1 black non-strapless.

I have them about three years, they are hand-washed regularly and still have their original shape.

They are well worth the money imo.

The only thing with the strapless bra's ime, is they tend to fall/slip down sometimes and I have to keep pulling/pushing them up, other than that, they are recommended (by me anyway).

milly4ever wrote: »
    definitely try la senza, they have a very good range :)
    Are their padded (non gel/water filled) bra's very padded?

Thanks!

Are their padded (non gel/water filled) bra's very padded?

Thanks!

they are not too padded and give a great shape, well worth 20 quid!

they are not too padded and give a great shape, well worth 20 quid!
    Thank you,

As you say, they aren't too padded, will they still make me look like I have 'something'? lol:o

• Advertisement

Thank you,

As you say, they aren't too padded, will they still make me look like I have 'something'? lol:o

absolutely! they make such a difference.

absolutely! they make such a difference.
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 honeybee7

Thanks for all you replies. Yeah I'm looking for bra that gives the illusion I have something when really I don't! Does La Senza do a range of gel-filled bras? Or which brands do bras with the pockets in them that you can add additional fillers in???? Thanks :)

Is there much difference between a 32A and a 32AA?

I'm a 32AA and find the cups of my current bra's sightly too big for me.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Ultimo in Debhenams.

• Advertisement

honeybee7 wrote: »
    Thanks for all you replies. Yeah I'm looking for bra that gives the illusion I have something when really I don't! Does La Senza do a range of gel-filled bras? Or which brands do bras with the pockets in them that you can add additional fillers in???? Thanks :)

have a look at the website, they have a range of gel-filled ones
    http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/gel_bra/gel_bra_bras.htm

i think with smaller sizes shops like primark tend to be too big even if they say they are 32A.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Got a 32A Triumph padded strapless bra when I was a bridesmaid a few years ago and found it gave a good shape and stayed put all day. Not sure about Penneys, used to buy there but found they were too tight around the back and the underwiring dug in at the front even though I've been measured and I know I'm a 32A. Going to have to give them ago again though as Dunnes seem to have stopped selling 32A in all of their ranges :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I'm a 32A too and wear the air and double air filled bras from La Senza which are very good and comfortable to wear. I recently got a gel/water filled one from Debenhams and it is fantastic, like a boob job but for €38 and no scarring!

Is there much difference between a 32A and a 32AA?

I'm a 32AA and find the cups of my current bra's sightly too big for me.:o
    Can anyone help me with this please?:o

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Is a 32AA not smaller than a 32A?

Just go get measured. The girls in La Senza are great.

The Cool wrote: »
    Is a 32AA not smaller than a 32A?

Just go get measured. The girls in La Senza are great.
    I think so but I am not sure tbh lol, hence why I asked if there is a difference between both the sizes.

There is no La Senza where I live, the nearest is in Dublin and I won't be in Dublin until August :(.

Thanks for your help though.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Purple Bobbin, you could have a go at measuring yourself if you can't find a shop that does it.

To measure the back/underband size, use a measuring tape and wearing an unpadded bra, measure in inches directly under your bust and underneath the wire of the bra. Round down if you're between inches. If its an even number, add 4 inches, if its an odd no, add 5 inches e.g. 28 + 4 = 32

To measure the cup size, measure around the fullest part of your bust. When measuring cup size round up if you're between inches. The full bust measurement less(-) back size = cup size. e.g. 32 inches

e.g. 32 Back size and 31 Full bust size = AA cup (-1" difference)
    32 Back size and 32 Full bust size = A cup
    32 Back size and 33 Full bust size (+1" difference) = B cup
    32 Back size and 34 Full bust size (+2" difference) = C cup

You can try this website too!! http://www.lasenza.co.uk/customerservices/CustomerServices.aspx?d=customerservices&cs=sizingguide

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

32AA would be half an inch smaller than 32A.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thanks Janeybabe.

Would these inserts help the 32A & 32AA to fit better?

Magic Featherlight Silicone Enhancers
    Magic Ultra-Light Silicone Pearls
    Fashion First Aid Boostits Half Cup Breast Inserts

Thanks.

I've removed the ones that I wouldn't use. Any of the 'chicken fillet' type will do what you want to do. If you are anywhere near an M&S they sometimes have samples in the lingerie fitting rooms that you could try or they might let you try ones from shop floor. Any of the ones above would be perfect though. :)

• Advertisement

janeybabe wrote: »
    I've removed the ones that I wouldn't use. Any of the 'chicken fillet' type will do what you want to do. If you are anywhere near an M&S they sometimes have samples in the lingerie fitting rooms that you could try or they might let you try ones from shop floor. Any of the ones above would be perfect though. :)
    Thank you for your help.:)

Advertisement