Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no sex drive. help

Options
  • 17-06-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. Im 22 male. physically healthy but mentally not great meaning ive been on anti depressants for 2 years and also been on sleeping tablets for a while. I never had a problem with my sex drive on the anti-depressants but since i started these new sleeping drugs i have zero interest in sex or even masturbation. before i would fit in the range for a normal male at my age but it just seems to be dead. Im worried ive damaged hormonal levels and dont know what to do. I know you will say to go to doctor but before I do I would just like to see what non medics have to say and any experiences similiar to mine and if over come, how?
    Many thanks,
    James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Sebastien De Valmont

22nos-ex wrote: »
    Hi. Im 22 male. physically healthy but mentally not great meaning ive been on anti depressants for 2 years and also been on sleeping tablets for a while. I never had a problem with my sex drive on the anti-depressants but since i started these new sleeping drugs i have zero interest in sex or even masturbation. before i would fit in the range for a normal male at my age but it just seems to be dead. Im worried ive damaged hormonal levels and dont know what to do. I know you will say to go to doctor but before I do I would just like to see what non medics have to say and any experiences similiar to mine and if over come, how?
    Many thanks,
    James

The anti-depressants and sleeping pills are probably mood altering and have suppressed the chemicals in your brain which trigger your sexual motivations.

If you weren't taking the anti-depressants I would imagine your mental health would be worse and if you weren't taking the sleeping pills I would imagine wouldn't be able to get the rest you need.

But I'm not a doctor.

If you want know for sure you should of course go to your doctor and talk it over.

You probably embarrased about it but you shouldn't be.

Better to get it out in the open and get the information from a doctor that you need.

Best of luck

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

James,
    Go back to your doctor and discuss this in detail. They are the only ones who can help you with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

You will ahve to go to your doctor about this

You can get all the opinions you like here but at the end of the day you have a genuine medical concern to need to see your GP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement