Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on buying ipad

Options
  • 17-06-2010 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    For a person that wants to buy an ipad for a present & doesn't know where the first place to begin. What do I need to consider & where do I start. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Different types here http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad?mco=OTY2ODA0NQ

There are two different types (wi fi only and wi fi & 3G) with three different capacities.

Prices in Ireland to be confirmed. Released here in July.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 grague10

Thanks for all the help with this.my sister us going to the uk in the next few days so will get her to pick me up one.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

might find it hard to acquire one.

was in London on Thurs/Fri, and the apple store were sold out, and also so were the dixons tax free stores in heathrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

yeah the big thread there will answer all your questions, but, i do beleive that there is a shortage of em in the uk,but, if you have an iPhone, then it's pointless going for the 3g one, as you can tether using your iPhone.

whenever i get round to getting one, i'm prob gonna go for the 32 gig wifi only one, 16 gig prob would do me but might just be as well payig the little extra and get the double storage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 grague10

Oh really because I was going to get him the 32gb wit 3g now he has an iPhone &this might sound like an awful thick question but what do you mean he can tether it using the iPhone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

yeah buy him the wifi one only, it costs less, and you can use the iPhone to tether and it acts as a modem, so, it is basically being your 3g card.

you use bluetooth to connect em, and both devices have bluetooth.

but you can't use the 3g model of the iPad to tether.
    if you have an iPhone, its pointless in getting a 3g, use the extra savings to perhaps bump up an extra size in storage if ya can, or just treat him to summat nice with the extra savings, or more so, yourself, cause you've earned it for being such a nice and toughtfull girlfriend :p

im gonna buy the 32 gig wifi only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭3DataModem

No stock pretty much anywhere in England. Currys and PC World are all out. Apple Stores seem to be out but claim to get stock weekly (but it all goes to reserve list).

I ordered online to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

dougs09 wrote: »
    yeah buy him the wifi one only, it costs less, and you can use the iPhone to tether and it acts as a modem, so, it is basically being your 3g card.

you use bluetooth to connect em, and both devices have bluetooth.

but you can't use the 3g model of the iPad to tether.
    if you have an iPhone, its pointless in getting a 3g, use the extra savings to perhaps bump up an extra size in storage if ya can, or just treat him to summat nice with the extra savings, or more so, yourself, cause you've earned it for being such a nice and toughtfull girlfriend :p

im gonna buy the 32 gig wifi only.

You are correct in what you say, but wouldn't the end user be required to pay a tethering extra to their iPhone
    network provider?

Advertisement