Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a Chocolate Peppermint plant?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

as a plant/plant plug, in Dublin please.

Mentha x Piperta a hardy plant. I've seen them on ebay and they do send to Ireland but I would prefer to support an Irish business.

I am also looking some Pot Marigolds, I heard something that the ones that are not Tagetes are edible? Don't know if I got that right. I'd love an orange one. I plan on keeping them in a suitable pot rather than planting in a flowerbed, is this alright? The mint will be kept in a container as the roots are prolific.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Im not sure if there the right ones but i did see a few types of marigold at Johnstown garden centre last week. You could give them a ring and see if they have what you want in stock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,853 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not in dublin, but we did get chocolate mint from the boyne valley nurseries, based near slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

It's not much help, but I did see chocolate mint plants for sale somewhere recently - I'm not sure exactly, but I think it was either the Woodies on the Malahide Road or the garden centre in Kinsealy, a bit further out. Sorry not to be more specific, but it was certainly available in Dublin in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

I saw them in woodies in lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Going to Seed

If you haven't already found some, I've some in the garden and could post you some roots. No guarantee that they'll survive the postal experience, but they're as hardy as all mints, so they might be okay. By the way, even though they smell of chocolate, they don't taste chocolatey (sadly!) - they just have a slightly musky mint flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

That would be very generous of you Going to See, I'm in the Dublin area I don't want the postage to be too much for you

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Going to Seed

No problem - I don't suppose it'll be extortionate! Hoping to get down to weeding my herb garden over the weekend, so I'll dig some roots up as I go along. I'm new to boards, so I don't know if (or how) you can send me your address privately. Over to you . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

PM'ed you!

Advertisement