Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a car What does . c/l p/s. a/b mean?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

I'm looking online for cars and one particular one has . c/l p/s. a/b written in the description. Not sure what it means. It's probably something obvious but my brains not working today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I'm looking online for cars and one particular one has . c/l p/s. a/b written in the description. Not sure what it means. It's probably something obvious but my brains not working today.

Central locking
    Power steering
    ABS (i presume is the last one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RossDonegan

Central locking , power steering and do you mean ABS ?? Anti lock brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Thanks! Its down as A/B must be abs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Benbolo

a/b has to be airbags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bop1977

A/B air bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Bear in mind that those abbreviations often aren't typed in by the seller - a/b for example is a code produced when the person placing the ad ticks a particular box. What i'm trying to say here is that it'd be a good idea to ask about the exact specification before travelling to view, rather than simply relying on the ad.

Advertisement