Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on selling car

Options
  • 17-06-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Im going to sell the missus car soon. She scrapped the back right side of the car parking in the drive way:( ( just above the wheel ) I was quoted 300 euro to get it sorted. Should I get it fixed before I sell or just knock it off the price im going to sell at.:confused:

In the description of the car, should I mention that its 90% motorway miles, or do people actually care:confused:

Thanks all
    Rich

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Give some details of the car. If it's a 10 year old Micra I wouldn't fix it but if it's a 2 year old Golf I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

About the motorway miles, sure mention it.

The way I see it; the more you write in the ad the better the customer knows and you won't get people showing up just to leave because you didn't mention something. I've done this myself several times because owner failed to mention rusted arches, dents and other stuff. Time wasting works both ways.

The worst was this guy in Gort trying to offload a Volvo. I still see the ad for it on donedeal months later and chuckle to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Its an 06 Yaris, 49,500Km. Its due its service this month so ill get that done before I sell anyway. The scrape is the only fault.

Spot on Biko, If i was buying a car & the chap selling didnt mention an obvious mark or dent, I would turn and walk.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Its an 06 Yaris, 49,500Km. Its due its service this month so ill get that done before I sell anyway. The scrape is the only fault.

Spot on Biko, If i was buying a car & the chap selling didnt mention an obvious mark or dent, I would turn and walk.

try www.carcraft.ie

they could repair the scrape for alot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Biko, this reminds me that sometimes pictures lie: I once went to see a car in Tallaght after seeing picture of it. When I got there I realised why the picture only showed the rear three quarters of the car: Front wings were were on primer only and rusting away merrily. Needless to say I made a quickish exit... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

kceire wrote: »
    try www.carcraft.ie

they could repair the scrape for alot cheaper.

I'll second the recommendation for Carcraft. I had arches done, paint scratches, and break-in damage repaired by them, and they do a top notch job. Fair price too.

Use lots of pictures in the ad, as many as you can get away with. Not just exterior, interior too. And be as detailed as you can in your description. Price it right, and you'll sell it in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I dont think the left or right panel need much work, but im no expert:o its the middle panel that is the worst.

Advertisement