Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deki wants a Tin Foil Hat

Options
  • 17-06-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

tinfoil-hat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

6a00d8341c652b53ef011168e57cea970c-800wi

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I did good!

Tin-foil-hat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Yes, Yes you did. A style for every occasion.
    tinfoil.jpg

I'm favoring the one with tassels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

tin-foil-hat.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Play it safe Deki, wear tin foil everywhere!!!!

633673729262531831-TinfoilHat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Fin toil.

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭redeight

I don't think a hat will be enough.

tin-foil-office.jpg

There, now I'll be safe from the bad things that they have been trying to inject into my computer.

Curses! foiled again!

• Advertisement

winnie.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

chewing tin foil is like chewing electricity

Does it flash in the dark like wintergreen lifesavers ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

the content of this thread is being blocked due to the powerful strength of my own foil hat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

"Surprisingly, these helmets can in fact help the government spy on citizens by amplifying certain key frequency ranges reserved for government use."

See an empirical study done by MIT - http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
    For all helmets, we noticed a 30 db amplification at 2.6 Ghz and a 20 db amplification at 1.2 Ghz, regardless of the position of the antenna on the cranium. In addition, all helmets exhibited a marked 20 db attenuation at around 1.5 Ghz, with no significant attenuation beyond 10 db anywhere else.

30dB at 2.6GHz is huge.

I used to get wifi from 8Km away with a combination of 13dB and 20dB antennas at each end, and since the government can afford really big antennas you can bet they don't need to be as close as 8Km

"Surprisingly, these helmets can in fact help the government spy on citizens by amplifying certain key frequency ranges reserved for government use."

30dB at 2.6GHz is huge.

I used to get wifi from 8Km away with a combination of 13dB and 20dB antennas at each end, and since the government can afford really big antennas you can bet they don't need to be as close as 8Km

Just don't wear one when you're microwaving your dinner! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

30dB at 2.6GHz is huge.

Back to AH with your fancy "facts" and figures

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Back to AH with your fancy "facts" and figures

* rotates dish to designated target *
    Whirrrrrrr, Clunk

* calibrates resonant frequency of bluecatmorgana *

* unflicks safety switch on big red switch *

"soon my pretty, soon, muhaha muhaha"

Better than blasting with resonating beams of high energy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

samuel_L_Jackson.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Imagination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

deki's not the only one wanting a tin hat. Fago! stole mine. give it back, you meanie :(

No fighting with Fago. You just take this one, and stop fussing.
    foil_hat.jpg

Remember always to wear it shiny side out. ;)

-09internetpolice.jpg

Advertisement