Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is my tattoo going to work out?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

im getting a tattoo on the side of my boob that is three 3D flat surfaced stars in a slight curve going from bigger to smaller, they are going to be in bright colors, pink, blue and yellow. my problem is i dont want a stupid blurry outline with icky pale fadey colors. i know it will fade after time but is there anyway i can trust an artist 2 make it stand out and not get a botch job, or will i not take the chance? im looking for shading on the 3D sections and everything, i want it miami ink good, is there a point in ireland?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

You need to look at other peoples tattoos, find colour/ line work you like and ask who did it. Talk to the artist and express your concerns. If you feel they are answering honestly and are genuinely acknowledging you fears then go with it. Don't just trust online galleries as work can be photo-shopped and so there is no substitute for seeing work on skin. Visit one of the conventions and see different artists in action as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

RomyF wrote: »
    im getting a tattoo on the side of my boob that is three 3D flat surfaced stars in a slight curve going from bigger to smaller, they are going to be in bright colors, pink, blue and yellow. my problem is i dont want a stupid blurry outline with icky pale fadey colors. i know it will fade after time but is there anyway i can trust an artist 2 make it stand out and not get a botch job, or will i not take the chance? im looking for shading on the 3D sections and everything, i want it miami ink good, is there a point in ireland?

I dont think you'll get miami ink good,but there are great artists out there,do go into the tattoo shops and talk to the artists and get them to draw you up a sketch and talk to them about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Miami Ink good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

Melion wrote: »
    Miami Ink good :D

i was waiting for somebody to pick up on that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

first of all there are great artists in ireland(probably,if not definitely, a few better than the guys in miami ink)

second of all i imagine 3 stars is not a very technically difficult tattoo to do so if you choose a good artist you should get great results(having said that there is only so much they can do with a simple design like that)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RomyF

well i needed someway to describe how good i wanted it! jeez! its a good description!
    n yeah you guys are right considering its only three stars it is sorta hard to go wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

well i needed someway to describe how good i wanted it! jeez! its a good description!
    n yeah you guys are right considering its only three stars it is sorta hard to go wrong :)

not trying to piss on your parade but i had only 5 simple stars done and one of them is a complete ****up

Do as others have said, despite how simple it may seem, always go to the artist whose style you most like
    remember, You get what you pay for...

pajodublin wrote: »
    not trying to piss on your parade but i had only 5 simple stars done and one of them is a complete ****up

Do as others have said, despite how simple it may seem, always go to the artist whose style you most like
    remember, You get what you pay for...

its ok, parade is piss free, yeah i feel sorry 4 ur one hu is gne draw it she'll get put through her paces! tantoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

its ok, parade is piss free, yeah i feel sorry 4 ur one hu is gne draw it she'll get put through her paces! tantoo :D

Ok, am I the only one who hasn't a clue what that says?
    Sorry Romy :)

One of my stars is bascially scarred and is raised above the skin
    Not much but visible if you look at it and touch it
    been told the reason why is the tattoo artist went too deep!!!
    Reputable place at the time too and would NOT go back there for tattoo although they do change their artists frequently enough

mwahahahaa nobody can understand my sophisticated cyber speech..:cool:

aw yeah i know wat ya mean like it doesnt look bad but u kno its there!
    i have a cool idea now for a shadowy thing for the star in d middle so im happy enuf

• Advertisement
Advertisement