Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMS on iPhone

Options
  • 17-06-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi guys

Is anyone having issues receiving MMS on their iPhones?

My phone successfully receives some MMS's but other times I just get the stupid link to download it from the website.

My contract is in Ireland with Vodafone.
    - I've once been in Germany and received an MMS from South Africa and it came through

But now, even being in IE, I don't get MMS from South Africa.

I dont' know if this is an issue with the iphone or the service provider. When I called for assistance they recommended that I reset my phone. It was great to remove all my previous settings but it didn't fix the issue.

Any tips?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

ceauke wrote: »
    Hi guys

Is anyone having issues receiving MMS on their iPhones?

My phone successfully receives some MMS's but other times I just get the stupid link to download it from the website.

My contract is in Ireland with Vodafone.
    - I've once been in Germany and received an MMS from South Africa and it came through

But now, even being in IE, I don't get MMS from South Africa.

I dont' know if this is an issue with the iphone or the service provider. When I called for assistance they recommended that I reset my phone. It was great to remove all my previous settings but it didn't fix the issue.

Any tips?

Vodafone changed the maximum message size you can receive to something really small. So if you get an MMS that's too big according to their settings, you just get a link to view it. And since they don'y allow you to access the MMS settings on Vodafone since the last carrier update, you can't change this yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ceauke

Thanks Mr Wayne that explains the randomness of the issue.

Why won't the techies at vodafone tell me that and give me this BS of resetting my phone etc. :mad:

Do you think there's any chance of requesting them to set it to different level for myself? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Well, that's what I tried to get them to do for myself but they said they couldn't (wouldn't?). I ended up just switching to 3 instead. Maybe try ringing VF again, it sometimes depends on who you get talking to!

Advertisement