Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoteca Torino - Inchicore

Options
  • 17-06-2010 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

Now, I've a bit of a confession… I've been keeping this place to myself. I'm sure some people know about it - but I never posted a review or mentioned it anywhere. Cos I wanted to keep it secret!

But, in these economic times I really hope that this place survives. It's a really fantastic local eatery - and it should be supported. Not just because it's my local grub spot, but the staff, the wine and the food (most importantly) are all fantastic.

The staff: Luca, the manager is worth the visit alone, a real character and he knows his stuff. But they are all extremely friendly and accommodating.
    The wine: All VERY affordable, and a great range. It's a Wallace venture - so imports some himself. And the house red & white (both €16.50 I think) are really very good.
    The food: The most authentic I've had outside of Italy - they will more or less do what you want, so the menu is a guideline. They've got different pastas every day, so you'll never have the same meal twice.

We recently had my husband's birthday there - a fabulous evening. All the food was perfect, and it was ridiculously good value. All 25 guests were very impressed with the quality of the food, and would also agree that it was the best Italian they've had in Dublin!

It's the kind of place where ye can sit and relax over a great bottle of wine and they don't want to move you, or tell you to hurry up. The staff will do anything to assist (even head into the pub next door for a beer if you fancy!) And I've had the BEST crème brulee of my life there. My only complaint is that they don't have it there everytime we visit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

I work close to that place and sometimes we go for lunch there, it is a very nice place and with 15-20 eu you can get starter/main course and wine for lunch!

I suppose that for a dinner it is also nice, I haven't had any problems so far and it is so far better that many restaurants in the city centre (not that it is difficult, given how much hype there is around some restaurants...)

Advertisement