Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Interview For River Island

Options
  • 17-06-2010 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have an interview with River Island on Tuesday, I know they do long group interviews but the email I got said it would only be half an hour long, so does this mean it's a one-to-one interview?

Also what should I wear? I don't want to kit myself out in their brand, so I was thinking a River Island top, but would jeans be too casual? Also I think I will wear flats as I noticed a lot of the staff wear them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

What I've always been told to do is dress how the staff there dress, but a little more dressy. I know that when working in River Island, you have to have your make up and hair immaculate at all times, a smile on your face at all times, be chatty and confident and you have to wear River Island brand jeans if you're wearing jeans to work. They were just some of the rules my sister had to follow while working there. So maybe a pair of their jeans (dark wash, bootcut are always "dressier" than skinny jeans) with a really nice shirt (not just a boring white shirt, some funky one with like a waist belt or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Wear waht the sta would wear, my friend had an interview there and one girl wore like pant suits and "work" top and they felt she didn't embody the "style" of what tehy were looking for. My friend wore jeans and a dressy top, you can do flats or heels maybe heels to be a bit dressier, but that's your comfort preference :) They asked her about her style and asked her to make outfits up etc..She got the job :D

Good Luck with yours! she said they're pretty casual in the interviews! Very fashion forward questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

Good luck in the interview whatever you wear !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I worked in River Island for three years, never knew there were group interviews though! Mine was one to one. I moved stores and had a second interview where I was asked to describe a dress she showed me as I would if I was calling another store, and she also asked me what would I wear from the shop floor if I was going out on Saturday night! She asked me this whilst not on the floor btw, so it's important to know current trends etc.

I wore jeans, a dressy top and flats to mine. All River Island. It's important to show that you do have an interest in the brand and have an interest in fashion.

Best of luck :)

Advertisement