Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, I need a new author

Options
  • 16-06-2010 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

I've run out of book again and I'd like to try someone new. I like Ciaran Carson, Tim Severin, Jules Watson, Ben Kane, Sergei Lukyanenko, Ian Caldwell and Dustin Tomason. Can anyone recommend other authors that write similar style books to any of them please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

China Mieville, Paolo Bacigalupi...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Greg Isles

Genre: Page turner Thriller/Fiction, but very readable and great for holidays :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Greg Isles

Genre: Page turner Thriller/Fiction, but very readable and great for holidays :)

Sounds like what Im looking for, thanks vAGGABOND and sxt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Offy wrote: »
    I've run out of book again and I'd like to try someone new. I like Ciaran Carson, Tim Severin, Jules Watson, Ben Kane, Sergei Lukyanenko, Ian Caldwell and Dustin Tomason. Can anyone recommend other authors that write similar style books to any of them please?

Whenever I enjoy a book I search for it in Amazon.co.uk and then review the books which come as other books you may like and work out from there.

Have found some very good books I would not otherwise have read in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If you're into fantasy type books I recommend Neil Gaiman. Any book I've read from him is fantastic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement