Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed pill dilemma!

Options
  • 16-06-2010 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I've just finished pill packet and realised i've missed a pill. Basically what happened was I couldn't find my pill packet (Yasminelle) anywhere on a friday and went into a chemist, got a new packet and took a friday pill out of it. When I eventually found my original packet I went back to using it and finsihed the pack. After a 7 day gap I took the pill i didnt take out of the old pack (that I couldn't find that Friday) and then commenced with the new pack for the rest of the month. I must have forgotten I took a pill out of the pack and figured I must have taken the pill one day and just not remembered taking it where really I should have taken the Thursday pill on the first strip. Sorry this sounds all so confusing but I'm just worried now that I have been having unprotected sex. I think missed the pill on the second strip, 8 days into the pack.

Is there a chance that I could be pregnant???:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Only way to know is to do a test close to when you were due your period and see and in the mean time be extra careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Only way to know is to do a test close to when you were due your period and see and in the mean time be extra careful.

my period is due this weekend usually sunday/monday is it too early to test? I read the yasmille guidelines and they said if i've missed a pill during week 2 that its ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

tbh you're having unprotected sex if you're not using a condom - the pill just helps prevent pregnancy - it does not protect from diseases.

There is always a chance that you can get pregnant - no form of contraception is 100%. Wait until next week - no point in getting a pregnancy test before your period is due afaik. Even ones that say they're good from day 1 are only 60% reliable. Wait until the middle of next week and get one then - the extra day or two won't make any difference either way.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Obviously this is my own experience and not the rule but my GF misses pills all teh time,i think she gets 3 months out of a 2 month prescription and we havent had a scare...seems to be the case with alot of my mates aswell,obvioulsy its not best practise but i wouldnt stress.As stated get checked out by your GP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You and your gf are both being very careless, TBH.

This is not a contraceptive measure. The odds of her getting pregnant are high. Unless you want a baby, get her to get an implant or use another form of contraceptive - properly.

You havent had a scare YET!

+1 to this
    I mean have you never watched Jeremy Kyle - you know - "put a condom on the end of it".
    Irresponsible and dangerous - forgetting about pregnancy (so many things can impair the effectiveness of the pill) - what about STDs etc.
    To me - that is like playing Russian roulette - but you have alot more than one bullet in the gun...

• Advertisement
Advertisement