Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire Custom ROM Thread

Options
  • 16-06-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭

There's a good few Custom Eclair and Froyo ROMS out there now for the Desire, be nice to hear boardsie's thoughts on them. Might make it easier to pick which are worth trying out.

I am currently using DeFrost 0.9b with the OCUV 1.2Ghz option.

Cons
    - No Video recording
    - no Sense
    - reported bad battery life (hard to tell for me as I have been messing with it alot last 2 days so its hard to gauge)

Pros
    - Froyo goodness (JIT etc.)
    - Froyo mitigates the usefulness of Sense
    - Rock Solid so far

I was using the Modaco Custom 2.1 ROM

Cons
    - not Froyo
    - no Froyo JIT

Pros
    - Sense
    - Rock solid
    - Everything works

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Using Pays-ROM Desire Sparta v1.2.
    Reason for not going with the Sense one is that I was just annoyed about that damn stocks app being forced on us.
    Petty, I know!

Tried a few builds of Froyo, and haven't moved completely yet cause there was a few problems with the new A2SD, must give it a try again.

But with 40+ apps, it's such a pain in the ass to reinstall everything...
    (last time i used MyBackup to backup my apps and settings, but because I had them on an EXT3 partition and Froyo apparently doesn't like anything but FAT32, I always got errors restoring them. Is that still the case?)

Advertisement