Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 - JailBreak/Unlock

Options
  • 16-06-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

So... This will prob be a handy thread to keep an eye on because lets face it, as the weeks and months go on lots and lots and lots of people are gonna be on here wondering if there is a jailbreak or network unlock available for the iPhone 4.

So the latest is a post from Dev Teams (Main unlock maker people :cool:) MuscleNerd in a twitter post:

"People still ask, but sure, with both 4.0 & iPhoneHD coming out this month, so too will the 3.1.3/4.0 carrier unlocks :"

Any Updates? Post It :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

MuscleNerd has announced that iOS 4.0 is confirmed to be unlockable for existing devices. Possibly for the iPhone 4 too.

"@htetard yep...the final 4.0 next week will be an even later version and is confirmed unlockable (possibly iPhone4 too)"

We'll find out on Thursday I guess, I'm buying two iPhone

One Prepay, One SimFree. I'll test any unlock tools on the PrePay as soon as its released and report back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

With the presence of a unlocked iPhone 4 on the open market, it won't take too long for a unlock. Why would anyone bother if they could just buy a sim free one for practically the same cost as a PrePay unit.

The days of iPhone unlocking are over in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fmcattack

The jailbreak is more important than unlock. I won't move to 4.0 until jailbreak released.

Geohot has an exploit, going to be called limera1n. More than likely will be released 24th June

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ironclaw wrote: »
    Why would anyone bother .
    the unlocks are mostly geared for the american market....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Has anyone been able to jailbreak OS 4.0 for the ipod touch 3gs yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement