Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do - Lack of mates!!

Options
  • 16-06-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

What do ya do when all your mates seem to be settled in relationships?? All my mates are a few years older than me, i myself have just turned 27 an am pretty much single.

I wanna go and have fun at the weekends meet different types of ladies, have a good time and go clubbing while im still in my 20's like, but alas no ones really bothered about going on a mad one every couple of weeks.

Sure we hangout lots but its mainly the pub or golf, all a bit middle aged like, i understand that they are in relationships and its not there fault, but what am i to do??

Im sure im not been the first one in this type of situation before, mid-late 20's is a funny old age for lots of people it seems.

So does anyone have any advice on what i should do?? Is there anyone here in the same situation??

Tbh it can get pretty boring at the weekends sometimes, especially when i know im missing out on lots of fun in town at the weekend like!!

I see alot of people not even settling down until there late 30's these days and i personally have no desire to settle down before then!

Anyway any advice is most appreciated!

Laters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Good Advice

hey, i was in this sort of senario before, i just started ringing up old mates or work mates and started going out, not hanging around for settled dwn mates to eventually go out on the town...better off getting out there lifes too short and dnt need to stay in if ur so called mates are...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

It's really not all that scary to go out on your own, you know.. then you can meet new people who you know for a fact go out (they're there, aren't they?).

It's funny how terrified people get of being seen as a billy no mates. Get some confidence and just chat to people! Most people are pretty easy going. Just avoid immature cliques and you'll be grand.

I'm a 22-year-old girl and I have no problem going to the pub on my own if there's something to draw me there, like live music or an event I'm interested in or whatever. Have got chatting to some pretty cool people in the process, and if I hadn't gone on my own I'd never have met anyone in this country!

Maybe try a boards beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 forest gunner

Yep, thats Good Advice Good Advice.
    You need to take the bull by the horns sometimes. Women love initiative anyway..I think.
    Im in a similar situation myself but Im not mad into nightclubs or going on benders like yourself. Id rather meet women in a more relaxed, alcohol free setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Why not go out on the Boards night out in a couple of weeks to begin with?

Force a few people to befriend you:D

Advertisement