Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies you have seen or met in NCD

Options
  • 16-06-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Well i posting this out of interest.

Hauk reckoned he saw beasty and then i thought he might have actually have seen me but it turns out it was neither of us.

I wonder hoew many people we meet around the place and unknown to use they are a boardsie.

I will get the ball rollin,

had a good ol chat with Leob this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Id' say I've probably seen the lot of ye without realising!
    Have met a few NorthDub Boardies through the photography forum but none of the posters on here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Neil Sedaka (my long, long time mate) introduced of to boards.

I met Gillo (long time no see around here) on the train once.

Beasty & I have most likely bumped into each other before we "met" here on boards.

There are a couple of other DCN lurkers who I drink with occasionally, but they won't tell me their boards nicks. (You know who you are!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I'm more of a lurker but have posted here within the last year. sNarah is the only one I think I've met

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Nope, never met anyone from the NCD boards. Always on the lookout though!

DarrenG wrote: »
    I'm more of a lurker but have posted here within the last year. sNarah is the only one I think I've met

Haha, I specifically did not mention your name as I was referring to you :o

Let me rephrase that:
    Have met a few NorthDub Boardies through the photography forum but none of the posters on here I think

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There are a few of us who contribute to the NCD forum who are also regulars in the cycling forum, who I have met through cycling. These include bcmf, shaungil, midonogh, and our resident performance enhancing "advisor", RobFowl

There are a few more who I know live in the area but tend not to post in this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

well i am doing a lot of cycling these days. i have a grey bike and a navy backpack. and sunglasses usually out in the evenings with my mate.

if you think you see me say hello. i wont bite!!!

Martron wrote: »
    well i am doing a lot of cycling these days. i have a grey bike and a navy backpack. and sunglasses usually out in the evenings with my mate.

if you think you see me say hello. i wont bite!!!

I hope you're not the cyclist I got thick with yesterday :o
    There's a proper bicyle lane at the Balbriggan bypass yet these 2 cyclist were driving next to eachother in the middle of the road!

Around my area is really good for cycling btw, few cars and a slightly hilly and round tracks meaning it's a nice circle rather than having to return the same way. You can pop in for tea after :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

nope that was not me i am usually floating around rush/lusk/skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

As Martron said we had a chat this morning. He knew who I was before I knew him but a process of elimation and we could identify each other. There is another poster who I got a slap on the wrist over who I actually know through work.

2 others I have met. Probably would be good some time to bump into a few others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Nope, know none of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Larianne wrote: »
    Nope, know none of ye!

You sure!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I know LeoB and almost all of the lads on the Sporting Fingal thread. :)

You sure!

;)

:eek:

Yeah! I don't know any ginger people named Frank. :)

eek

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

I think I know ........... no 1 on here as I live in nth dublin but with work only get a chance 2 see it early morning & late at night after work.

But don't think i am unsocialable .... Must ask my better half ... on second thoughts better not may not like the answer I will get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I know Cathy, Bluetonic and Blastman. One is a neighbour, one is a good friend of my dad and one I know through my job

Have met Larianne once upon a time.

Think thats it

Rockee wrote: »
    I know LeoB :)

Jeasus how is life? Had to go searching to see who you were. The christmas work gave you away:D

Larianne wrote: »
    :eek:

Yeah! I don't know any ginger people named Frank. :)

eek

Dont be slagging Ginger haired people........ Frank you got ginger hair? I must know you to see from Clann Mhuire.

Larianne next time you come down this way on a bus and are admiring the scenary look out for me in my van, that is the van with a fella on the side doing his superman job delivering a parcel, Thats not me on the side Im the one driving:D

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Have met Larianne once upon a time.
    Oh yes, I went on about your amazing eyes! :o
    LeoB wrote: »
    Dont be slagging Ginger haired people........ Frank you got ginger hair? I must know you to see from Clann Mhuire.

Larianne next time you come down this way on a bus and are admiring the scenary look out for me in my van, that is the van with a fella on the side doing his superman job delivering a parcel, Thats not me on the side Im the one driving:D

I wasn't slagging gingers! I dye my hair that colour. :)

I'll be heading to Skerries next Monday so if you have a big sign ready with an arrow pointing at yourself that'd it great stuff!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I've met noone :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I haven't met anyone either - that I know of. Swords is so big now that you'd be hard pushed to bump into anyone you know around the town.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ginny wrote: »

you've met me :P

nouggatti wrote: »
    you've met me :P

Uh oh! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

LOL Yeah I have...oppppsss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

LOL Yeah I have...oppppsss :D

And me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I dont think I have met any of ye. Maybe a beer or two would be good.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

LeoB wrote: »
    As Martron said we had a chat this morning. He knew who I was before I knew him but a process of elimation and we could identify each other. There is another poster who I got a slap on the wrist over who I actually know through work.

2 others I have met. Probably would be good some time to bump into a few others

The poster didn't slap you on the wrist! They just told someone who did! :D

Met you now! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I havent met any of ye and im always in the brig or goatsville!

• Advertisement
Advertisement