Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I felt my dead cat yesterday

Options
  • 16-06-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

I was sitting at this computer yesterday with my legs folded, so one leg was off the floor. Suddenly, I felt my elevated foot being gently pushed back. I looked down at it, expecting to see my 14-year-old cat Duchess brushing up against it, looking for food, but she wasn't there. She was actually sleeping on another chair. I suddenly became aware of my 9-year-old cat Rio, who passed away in 2006. He used to do that and I guess I'd like to believe it was him :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

fplm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

haha, u are gone mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Stevecw wrote: »
    haha, u are gone mad!
    Whats the point on posting in this forum if you're just going to mock people Steve? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

haha, u are gone mad!

Uncool.

OP, believe what you want. I'd say it was probably your senses messin with ya though, never really believed in animal ghosts... Yet, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

leddpipe wrote: »
    fplm

What does that stand for?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The next off topic or mocking post will earn a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Im so sorry you lost your kitty :(

Perhaps IT WAS INDEED HER letting you know she's ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

My dog died in feb of this year and im sure he's been with me at times. I moved to a new house and got a new dog about 2 months after, on the first night I had a dream about my dog, he was in my new house. He jumped up on the bed and then sat on my dressing table. It was mad he was talking to me about the new pup telling me she was lovely. I woke up crying.

I heard the pup howling downstairs so woke the boyfriend and went down to her. While we were in the sitting room i heard what i thought at the time was my cat jump off the bed and come down the stairs, boyfriend heard it too. A few minutes later i went upstairs for something and found the cat in the same place i left him. :eek:

I believe it was my dog, reassuring me. I've heard the sound of running on the stairs twice since then. Its nice to know he's checking in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

sambuka41 wrote: »
    My dog died in feb of this year and im sure he's been with me at times. I moved to a new house and got a new dog about 2 months after, on the first night I had a dream about my dog, he was in my new house. He jumped up on the bed and then sat on my dressing table. It was mad he was talking to me about the new pup telling me she was lovely. I woke up crying.

I heard the pup howling downstairs so woke the boyfriend and went down to her. While we were in the sitting room i heard what i thought at the time was my cat jump off the bed and come down the stairs, boyfriend heard it too. A few minutes later i went upstairs for something and found the cat in the same place i left him. :eek:

I believe it was my dog, reassuring me. I've heard the sound of running on the stairs twice since then. Its nice to know he's checking in. :D

Awh that's so sweet! I've had friends tell me similar stories about hearing their dogs running behind them after they passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

sambuka41 wrote:
    Ahhhhhh thats sweet :)

Your doggy loves you :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

haha, u are gone mad!

Sorry about that post!
    That should be an add for not drinking!! That was Wed evening where I had that day & Thursday off and was out since 12 watching World Cup.
    By that time I was in bits...sorry again to the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Echizado

Dude111 wrote: »
    Im so sorry you lost your kitty :(

I'm sorry about your loss too, just recently my little sister's cat gave birth to a litter of five, only four made it alive, you're deceased friend Rio decided to pay you a visit.

Advertisement