Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying grass

Options
  • 16-06-2010 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I'm gonna attempt to put seeds down on fri. However I have a dog and will need to corner it off. The space is 12 ft x 12 ft. Would it b better to get the turf lawn?

I was thinking of using chicken wire to block off access to the dog. Can that be gotten cheap in north Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

You'll need to do your sums, of course you'll need to keep dog away from area (seed (4 weeks), roll turf (2 weeks). The cost of chicken wire may work out more expensive than the cost of roll turf? Also the current dry spell and warm temps would not be good conditions for seeding area.

There are several recent posts on forum in relation to lawns and containing plenty of advice, why not try the search function?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Polynomial

Not a good time of the year to be putting down grass, unless you are willing to water daily.

Advertisement