Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snoring..

Options
  • 15-06-2010 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi, i am in a new relationship and it has emerged that I snore really bad. I am aware that I snore but i had forgotten about it as was single for a time there. However my new OH has made reference to it - he says it does not bother him. Well perhaps for now but when the rose tinted glasses come off i am sure it will. Nevertheless, it bothers me.

So does anyone know of treatment/cure/remedy for snoring - something that actually works?

Thanks in advance, ..snooze...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

My GF snores too. Last weekend she tried what looked like a stick of gum that you put on the roof of your mouth and it dissolves in 60 seconds, and it worked pretty well. She didn't stop snoring completely, but instead of a barrage of snores, they'd just be the odd one, but at a Richter scale of 2 instead of the normal 7 or 8 :eek: :D. My GF is in work but I'll get the details off her tomorrow.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks - that would be great..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's not a cure, but my girlfriend swears by earplugs. I snore very loudly, but she's able to get a full night's sleep no problem with the earplugs in. The best we've found so far are Max Leight, which are available in bulk and in a couple of different types and sizes. They can be picked up on eBay pretty cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Op, do you need to lose weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

• Advertisement

Op, do you need to lose weight?

no.. i am only 8 stone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Always the small ones that make the biggest noise :D

Seriously though, whats you sleeping position, I know a friend who was seeing a girl who snored like a bear so he used to cuddle hold on to her for dear life so she couldn't roll over on to her back, worked a treat and she thought he was really affectionate ;)

Ok the guy was me but it wasn't the reason we broke up :)

god no i could never sleep while in someones arms..

i do the mandatory cuddle then roll over when he is almost asleep..

i start off sleeping on my front then roll over into the fetal position..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Do the Snoreeze strips make your mouth go numb or anything? How do they work? Glad of any feedback about them.

Thanks, and don't forget to reply to me, I NEED this info!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Snoreeze also do Snore Strips which I use and my missus says they work.
    They are a plaster kind of thing that you put on the bridge of your nose. They have a rigid plastic strip in them which helps to keep your airways open - hence reducing the snoring noise.

Not very sexy I know but at least it means you both get a good night sleep. You get them in pharmacys like boots or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

nothing works for mr catslife, his tonsils are really big so he is going to see a doc, to get them out., he gets alot of soar throats , ive gone through lots of nights with no sleep, he is ok,sh now but when he does snore its bloody loud. i could hear him in the sitting , the bedroom is on the other end of the house:eek:.

thanks folks it off to the pharmacy for me so - i will let you know how i get on..

Advertisement