Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA - How many times do I need to apply?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking at applying for the Back To Education allowance, and I was just wondering would I need to apply for it twice in a two year course, or would it simply be apply once now, payment stops during summer, and then automatically starts again at the beginning of the next year (provided I am still on the course)?

I need to know because, Im wondering if I should put FETAC level 6 down instead of level 5, as I will be receiving both but obviously, the level 6 is the more prominent.
    Any help is very appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

you apply now.
    payments start when you start college. (you will need a letter from the college saying you have registered, and are attending)
    when the college year ends for the summer, payments stop, you fill out a form saying your now looking for work for the summer, and you can sign onto job seekers allowance.
    when college starts again, you dont need to apply all over, but you do need to let them know your going back so they can once again put you on to back to education allowance payment and take you off job seekers allowance.

Advertisement