Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Ring - absolutely clueless

Options
  • 15-06-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,
    am planning on proposing to my partner that have been going out with for number of years but am completely clueless about how to get a ring and wher to go.

Any ideas on dos and donts?
    Not wanting to be a cheap skate but what should I be spending? dont want to go overboard as we have a mortgage and child and will have to pay for wedding too! but also dont want a piece of crap that will both be embarrassed over!!
    not sure what kind of ring to get or where to go in south of the country.

any help however minute would help cos a little clueless:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Hi 121212,

There's a whole forum dedicated to weddings and marriage here with bundles of information at your disposal.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭i like lamp

you could have a root through her jewlery box and see what she likes i.e simple jewellery, plain diamonds, coloured stones, gold/silver rings! etc

at the end of the day its not about how big the stone is or the price tag on the ring! the ring should be sentimental for the purpose it represents whether its €100 or €50,000.

Go with your instincts! You know your girlfriend the best!!

if you do decide to buy one yourself, make sure you get the finger size right! take one of her rings with you for an idea (rings can be altered to fit anyway later)

you could ask her to marry you and then both of you go and pick out a ring together! but thats down to individual personality, she might hate that!

good luck :)

Advertisement