Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about transfering ownership of a car?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question, say if I let my tax run and didn't get any for a year. Instead of getting an off the road form or paying arrears, could I just fill in the log book with my Irish name and send it off. And hey presto, all I have to do is pay for the current tax. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No that would be fraud.

Selling it to your brother for €1.99 on a Tuesday and buying it back a week later for €1.98 would be the way to do it, using receipts ofcourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why bother adding another owner (or two) to the car when it's not even necessary?

Advertisement