Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worms for Fishing

Options
  • 15-06-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all, 1st time poster on this section, need some help please, taking my 5yr old son out on Sunday for his first river fishing experience, I need to find a shop that sells good quality worms, I know, I should pick these up myself, but as a hard working guy 5-6 days week, I just dont have the time.
    I'm in Cork, but would travel a bit for quality.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Most tackle shops will sell worms. Not sure of quality though.
    I have a kind of rockery in the garden. When i lift up the rocks theres plenty. Only takes five minutes. A tip i got was to put grass in with them as it hardens there skin and they wont come off the hook as easily.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You get better worms called Brandlings by stacking a bit of organic matter in teh garden and leaving it for awhile.
    Mix stuff like potato peelings,grass-cuttings,teabags etc together,put them on the soil and cover from the elements.Within a couple of weeks it will be teeming with worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

Thanks for the ideas, I'll try them all.

regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

just an update, went to lough bofinne in bantry, wife, son and myself on fathers day, this was my sons 1st time fishing, bought him a new rod for his birthday, he was 5, anyway, blistering hot day, nothing happening, tried worms, flies and lures, getting a bit tired after 5 hours, then I tried a bubble and fly on my sons line, i cast out and he started to reel in slowly, then...... BANG, Trout on, ha, what a laugh, he almost ****e himself in excitement, screaming and laughing, what a trill, a nice stockie of approx 12ozs. 1 fish for 3 rods for 7 hours, oh man, we were wasted by the end, but it was well worth it for the sheer pleasure of seeing my son catch his 1st ever fish on his 1st ever fishing rod. Happy days.
    Wife swore she is never going out again, :):D:):D, ahhhh, what a pity, happy days, going out again tomorrow with himslef all reved up, all water is low, but going to try the river bride, the free parts and hope for the best, pity not too many free trout rivers going in the cork area, but,,, here's hoping.

Advertisement