Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound

Options
  • 15-06-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I have a few white scratches on my red seat ibiza, I was wondering if Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound would have any effect of removing them at all or would it make it worse because its abrasive? I was going to use the rubbing compound on them and then just put a coat of wax over it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Mau5 wrote: »
    I have a few white scratches on my red seat ibiza, I was wondering if Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound would have any effect of removing them at all or would it make it worse because its abrasive? I was going to use the rubbing compound on them and then just put a coat of wax over it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Good question, just wondering if this would also work on scuff marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

I'd say that if the scratches are white they are down to the base coat and rubbing compound would not help much. You could try one of the waxes with colour in them, they hide the scratches a bit. The effect doesn't last too long but a couple of coats of regular wax on top would help. Someone else might have better info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Its hard to make a difference to swirls marks or scratches just using arm power - you really need a machine. That said you could give it a go - what you want to do is round off the edges of the scratch so its not so jagged and doesnt catch the light - most ppl do this with wet&dry sandpaper - but you could try with the rubbing compound. With the edges rounded off the scratch will be harder to see - but still there.

Advertisement