Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish OL, Should it be one paper?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

So I finished paper 2 today in 20 mins. It took me a total of 50 mins to finished both papers. Do you think it should be changed to one paper?

Should it be one paper? 22 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

It really should. It ridiculous how short and how easy it is. They really need to bridge the gap more between honours and pass, theres less of a step down between honours and pass maths

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Done in 50 mins. Paper 2 is too short

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

No offence, but you don't actually know how well you did even though you finished so fast ! I gave up Irish this year, though last year I spent 1hour on each paper and got a A2 , so I know that there is A LOT of spare time! But think of it if it was all together, if you don't understand a Q straight away you don't have the time that you have now to be thinking about it!
    I'm just saying, I'd rather have loadsa spare time than getting stressed in the exam over a small traslation problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

1 exam - 3 hours 20 minutes like English paper 2.

That's plenty of time for most people - who finish each paper in about an hour.... but there's still another hour and 20 on top of that for those who need the extra time.

The timing of the exams really needs to be fixed - for those like English and Geography I was writing until the last second! For Irish - I was finished each paper in an hour. They've got the maths timing perfectly.... maybe an extra half hour in HL would be nice so you've extra time for trying to work out tricky questions, but I still had time to answer every question so I'm not complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Ah no! Paper II the way it is is a great laugh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement