Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Closure 108 Naul Road

Options
  • 15-06-2010 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Just a quick to share with Boardies, The Naul road will be closed from 16-06 untill 30-06 between the Balheary Road and the Airport.

(or so the signs told me today :()

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

FYI, the indicated diversion -as assigned- goes into Swords on the Balheary Road, take a left at JC and go onto the R132 that way, passing Airside Retail Park and going onto the Airport roundabout that way.

Bah. That adds 20 minutes or so to my morning traveltime - suppose I'll be going to go on the M1 for the next 2 weeks and endure the chochabloc between Lissenhall and the airport! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Is this the road that goes Naul - Ballyboughal - Roganstown - Swords?

Jup, that's the way, once you passed Roganstown golfclub you come to a T junction, of which the left takes you into Swords (past JC's). Officially, the Naul road continious straight ahead, although you have to take a left at that T junction and then a right, which goes up to the airport.

It's that last bit that is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BollickyBill

sNarah wrote: »
    Just a quick to share with Boardies, The Naul road will be closed from 16-06 untill 30-06 between the Balheary Road and the Airport.

(or so the signs told me today :()

They have done re-surfacing works on that road in the last few days. At the moment they are working on a part of the road which is just north of the Leas Cross junction heading towards that horrendous semi-circle bend. If you want to get around it coming from the Roganstown direction, take a right onto the Rolestown road at the top of the hill where you would have turned left for Swords. Then take first left at Lispopple just before Kettles. Then take first left which brings you past the former Leas Cross nursing home. Then at the T junction, take a right and you're back on track.
    Coming from the airport direction, turn left at Leas Cross, then first right and first right again.
    The roadworks seem to be moving towards the Swords/Ashbourne road.
    Regards,
    BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oh thanks for that!

I was gonna go for a cycle up along that way later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BollickyBill

Went by there this evening coming from the airport direction. They had road blocked off at the Knocksedan crossroads but the nice Romanian chap let me through if I was turning left at Leas cross. This was just after 6pm. The left side of the road was blocked off after the Leas cross junction but when I came back via the Leas cross detour at 7:30 the blocked lane was open. They must be nearly finished at this stage. The sooner, the better.

I chanced coming back from work today and the road was open... Won't try it in the morning though as I don't want to risk being late - but the M1 is seriously recking my head! Bring back me old country roads :o

Advertisement