Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop compilation cd's

Options
  • 15-06-2010 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend any good hip hop compilation cds?

I had volume 1 and 2 of westwoods compilations back in the day, then i really got into Lil Wayne (Birdman, B.G, mannie fresh and other cash money artists), youngbloodz, TI and those type of beats but i find myself listenin to the same songs over and over again now and need a bit more variety

any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

Lyricist Lounge Vol.1 and 2,
    Soulsides Greatest Bumps,
    Stonesthrow records have quite a few compilations.
    Maybe not the kind of stuff you're into but's it's good stuff all the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

You might want to start getting into mix-tapes esp if you like Wezzy/Young money. I can recommend "Rikers Island Redemption" Wezzy/Drake version of "Run This Town" & "Go Hard" & "Put On".

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Anything by Peanut Butter Wolf, all his stuff is excellent.

This one is particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The Westside compilation arranged by Ice T, afaik, is a really good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

cheers for the tips, will look into them

John 187 ; rikers island redemption is top stuff... last mixtape i listened to was No Ceilings which was excellent (so was Drought)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Underground Airplay V.1 - Rawkus/Echo Unlimited

its a couple of years old, but really nice, especially if you're into Soundbombing/Lyricist Lounge style hip hop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

So Many Shrimp - Best Raps of 2009 Mix
    Direct linkage might violate Boards.ie agreement but copy paste that into google you should find it no bother. Well worth the effort too. It's whopper.

Advertisement