Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation for pale skin

Options
  • 14-06-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Alas, I'm a make-up novice. I have very pale skin and I would really love to find a foundation that matches my skin tone. I hope that makes sense. Any help would be fantastic! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Oh yeah OP good question! I'm in the same boat as you. I've really pale skin and tend to just wear concealor as foundation, regardless of the brand makes me look orange!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

You could try L'Oreal perfect match - my skin tone is normally in between most make ups (I either end up looking like a ghost or an oompa loompa), but this works best for me. Plus it's not overly expensive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

I've a typically Irish skin tone and get that orange look with most foundations. I now use Rubie & Millie Sheer Foundation Base (available in boots), really suits my colouring and is very light, so you can build it up but you don't get that caked look.

Good luck with your search

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AmbiguousHippie

Fantastic! Thanks for the help everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-Beyon...dation_920881/

Revlon - Beyond Natural Skin Matching Make-Up.

Comes out of the tube white and as you blend it onto your skin with your finger tips it changes to the colour of your skin. I use it in the lighest shade - Light!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Snow_White1987

After trying every pale make up under the sun - Laura Mericer, Bobbi Brown, Clinque, MAC, Estee Lauder and Elizabeth Areden the one I always go back to is a fairly new range of make up called: Illamasqua:

http://www.illamasqua.com/

You can order it online or go into BT2 on Grafton Street and the girls will match up up. The shades range from pure white and everything else in between so you'll find the perfect match. I mix a tiny bit of white make up in 115 with my usual shade of 133 (its for light skin with a neutral undertone - no pink or yellow tones in it) for a perfect skin match - yay!

The Rich and Cream foundations give amazing full coverage without looking 'cakey' and there is also a Light Foundation and a Mineral one too if you want it.

The prices are really reasonable about €21 for a foundation and the powder blushers and brushes are amazing too.

And best of all, the foundations last the entire day and don't block your pores like so many others do - perfect for those like myself who have blemish prone skin.

Make sure you go into to BT2 to get a colour match before you buy from the site as the swatches can be decieving - some of the white shades were even too pale for me, something which I never would've thought possibe

My HQ foundation used to be Elizabeth Arden Sponge on cream make up in 21 Ivory (really cheap at only €15 and available in Arnotts, Clearys and Boots in Liffy Valley) gives great coverage on is an amazing pale colour but because my skin is dry/combination it just wouldn't last the day and would highlight any dry bits on my dkin so I had to give it up I strongly recommend that as well though because it could be fantastic on if you have the right skin

If you want anymore help or info just let me know, I've tried and tested them all!

Jen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 8BlueBubbles

It might also help you when you're looking at foundation colours if you know what colour undertone your skin has. Some people are neutral while others either have a yellow/golden undertone or a pink undertone. It might be that you were wearing foundations that were too yellow or too pink for your skintone.
    Regardless, some brands don't sell shades light enough for us Irish girls! Loreal and clinique have fairly light shades if you wanted to try either of them. I hope you find something:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

After trying every pale make up under the sun - Laura Mericer, Bobbi Brown, Clinque, MAC, Estee Lauder and Elizabeth Areden the one I always go back to is a fairly new range of make up called: Illamasqua:

http://www.illamasqua.com/

You can order it online or go into BT2 on Grafton Street and the girls will match up up. The shades range from pure white and everything else in between so you'll find the perfect match. I mix a tiny bit of white make up in 115 with my usual shade of 133 (its for light skin with a neutral undertone - no pink or yellow tones in it) for a perfect skin match - yay!

The Rich and Cream foundations give amazing full coverage without looking 'cakey' and there is also a Light Foundation and a Mineral one too if you want it.

The prices are really reasonable about €21 for a foundation and the powder blushers and brushes are amazing too.

And best of all, the foundations last the entire day and don't block your pores like so many others do - perfect for those like myself who have blemish prone skin.

Make sure you go into to BT2 to get a colour match before you buy from the site as the swatches can be decieving - some of the white shades were even too pale for me, something which I never would've thought possibe

My HQ foundation used to be Elizabeth Arden Sponge on cream make up in 21 Ivory (really cheap at only €15 and available in Arnotts, Clearys and Boots in Liffy Valley) gives great coverage on is an amazing pale colour but because my skin is dry/combination it just wouldn't last the day and would highlight any dry bits on my dkin so I had to give it up I strongly recommend that as well though because it could be fantastic on if you have the right skin

If you want anymore help or info just let me know, I've tried and tested them all!

Jen

I bought some of this at the weekend, I usually get bobbi brown which is 30ml, this is the same amount but it looks small - i also don't like the nozzle, because it seems it will pump out more foundation than i need. how long does it last you? i found the standard foundation she was showing me really heavy, so i went for the lighter one. really excited to try it! do you use a primer bdw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

There's a great place on Clarendon St called Make Up Forever; I went in there and bought some Face 2 foundation as I couldn't get anything pale enough in Boots. Can't recommend it enough; apparently Face 2 makeup is made with us Irish pale-skinned ladies in mind and it's great. I ended up getting the palest one they have and it's perfect, doesn't look like I'm wearing make up but my skin looks brilliant. The staff in Make Up Forever will match a foundation to your skin tone and they seemed to really know their stuff.

Cost about 30 euro for a small bottle but it's lasting me ages. Would buy again when it runs out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I've always had trluble with getting a foundation that doesnt leave me with an orangy of yellowy tinge but id highly recommend L'oreal true match in rose ivoire or L'oreal infallible in porceline. I love them both!

Advertisement