Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I didn't mean to be rude to him >_____<

Options
  • 14-06-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I was at the bus stop and this guy that i work with in school (Attendence) was there i asked him for the time and he told me them we started to talk but we sat on oppiste sides of the bus stop sit, i didn't wanna move closer because am a very shy person and knowing people since am very loud when am with friends and never had a bf they might think am looking to be with anyone so i didn't wanna creep him out.

Anyways we got talking for like 10 minute then these black people come out ,am also black and they started talking they were sitting inbetween our and then started talking to me and i know them but not that well and i stopped talking to him completely.I was trying to make eye contact and all but he just put his headphones back in and didn't say anything after. when he was leaving for the bus he said nothing and i even smiled at him but he just igorned me, Did i do something wrong? i was looking over alot is he now creeped out? Or maybe he got the wrong idea about me -_-

Am very bad in social places due to my upbringing and am very odd in talking to people so i don't get what pisses people off. My average interaction with social group or people my own age or making new friend a year is 0.1% no joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

doesnt sound to rude to me tbh, unless you knew him well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Maybe he is upset that you did not just even introduce him to your friends.
    Looking at it from his viewpoint - it might have felt that you were just putting in time until your friends arrived - and then while you might have been trying to catch his eye - you did not even just say - "oh guys - this is John - I work with him". - After that he could have had the option to either chat or just listen to his music.

Who knows - maybe he is not great socially either.

However I would not sweat it too much. If it bothering you that much - just try striking up a conversation with him - maybe apologise him for not including him in the chat but validate that by the fact that you did not know them that well...

Simplest thing to do is next time you see him - smile and walk over and just chat. If he responds in kind then you can safely relax that he is not that upset - if he is a bit quieter than you remember then see prev paragraph.

He probably felt very isolated, given that you were speaking with people from what he thought was your own culture, and which is entirely alien to him. Next time you see him just explain what happened.

"hey sorry about the bus the last day, kind of got sidetracked talking.. any news?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

He probably felt very isolated, given that you were speaking with people from what he thought was your own culture, and which is entirely alien to him. Next time you see him just explain what happened.

Fecks sake! They were black, not Martians. I hate this alien culture business. People are people.

OP, I wouldn't worry. He too was probably over-thinking the situation or maybe not even thinking about it at all. Either carry on as normal or find an opportunity to tell him you feel bad about the break-off in your conversation the other day but you're not great at handling social situations like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement