Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda warranty

Options
  • 14-06-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Was cleaning out my car boot today in my 07/ Mazda 6 when I noticed that the spare wheel well had a lot of water in it,for the record this is the first time I lifted the carpet panel in the car since I purchased it from new.

So I rang a Mazda dealer and explained the problem,and was told that my cars warranty was out since the end of May "two weeks ago" and they would have to charge me for the work to be done first,BUT would have a word with Mazda and see what can be done:confused:

This problem could have been there for God knows how long as I have stated already that I never removed the carpet from the boot.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd imagine you're down to goodwill at this stage, the warranty has expired. That said, i'd ring around a couple of dealers and Mazda themselves - hopefully they'll agree to do something for you. It shouldn't be a very expensive thing to put right.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd imagine you're down to goodwill at this stage, the warranty has expired. That said, i'd ring around a couple of dealers and Mazda themselves - hopefully they'll agree to do something for you. It shouldn't be a very expensive thing to put right.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If the car has a full Mazda service history I'd say it would go along way to getting a goodwill gesture from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

From personal experience, Mazda are good when it comes to goodwill gestures.

Are either of your rear lights leaking? The boot in my RX8 got filled with water when my lights started leaking due to worn gaskets.

Thanks lads for all your reply's and advice,will rind Mazda Ire today and see what they have to say about the matter,will keep you informed.

PS..I do have a full Mazda service history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Its unlikely to be a big problem is it?

Update on the above matter.
    Got a ring back from the Mazda dealer and they have told informed me that they will sort it under warranty. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Sweet! Told ya ;)

Advertisement