Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last day in work

Options
  • 14-06-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Not so serious as most personal issues but looking for advice.
    And if you're currently looking for employment, I wish you well :)

Finish up work on Friday, I'm here 4 years.
    Realy, I can't face doing a leaving speech. It's not an issue that I can't do public speaking, I enjoy it actually.

Just that like many offices there are is a lot of office politics and fighting and it'd wear you down even if you did your best to stay out of it all. Just about everyone here is a lot older then me. I've never had an argument with anyone ever but I wouldn't realy go for a pint with most here either.

I don't want a card, most definitly not a collection and I don't want to do a leaving speech.
    But I know my team leader (think office mother hen type) is organizing all these and won't take no for an answer. I tried and failed.
    I'm happy to grab the jacket at 17:30, have a pint with a few staff and never look back

Would it be bad form to do so, walk out early just to dodge this?
    Everyone who has left before me did a leaving speech, I don't want to seem ungrateful but I just want to go without a fuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This is something we all have to face & in my opinion the best thing to do is give a short two second speech thanking everybody for the card and for making your time there a pleasant one and then invite them all for a drink.

That's all you need say & there's no need for anything more. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Glenshane Pass

Cringe. I know how it feels but I think you'd be better off facing up to it, be brave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Denimgirl

Just make it short and sweet! You don't have to go on a big yarn like people before you.stick to a few bullet points and thank everybody for the memories and run to the pub! lol

Advertisement