Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sverige

Options
  • 14-06-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I started a swedish course in college recently. Eventhough my pronounciation is still rather bad, it's not too hard to learn the grammar and vocabulary as it's quite similar to English and/or German.

I really would like to go to Sweden. Unfortunately will not be able to go there any time soon...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can probably meet Swedes locally. According the last census there was about 2000 living in the republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I did a couple of Swedish evening courses back when I lived in Holland, and got on quite well. Actually I found the sentence structure being more similar to English than German a bit off-putting, but that was probably down to me having spent 20+ years in Germany and Holland at that point. I find now that I can read Swedish pretty well, can just about manage to speak it and make myself understood, but when a real Swedish person speaks at a normal speed I'm completely and utterly lost!

In my second year of learning, I spent 2 weeks in Uppsala doing this ...

http://www.uiss.org/

I had a fantastic time and I found my Swedish improved a lot .. I wish now I'd been able to spend a whole summer (8 weeks) there, and I reckon I'd be a lot better than I am now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 furis

Alun wrote: »
    I did a couple of Swedish evening courses back when I lived in Holland, and got on quite well. Actually I found the sentence structure being more similar to English than German a bit off-putting, but that was probably down to me having spent 20+ years in Germany and Holland at that point. I find now that I can read Swedish pretty well, can just about manage to speak it and make myself understood, but when a real Swedish person speaks at a normal speed I'm completely and utterly lost!

In my second year of learning, I spent 2 weeks in Uppsala doing this ...

http://www.uiss.org/

I had a fantastic time and I found my Swedish improved a lot .. I wish now I'd been able to spend a whole summer (8 weeks) there, and I reckon I'd be a lot better than I am now.

Do not know where you are in Ireland, But there are a lot of swedes here in Cork, and in Dublin i know a few. I'm a Swede myself.

If you are interested in getting some personal coaching just send me a pm :D

Advertisement