Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

air suspenstion

Options
  • 14-06-2010 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

having air suspension seems to be a big selling point on used campers,our van has it and i find the ride very good
    but what are the pros and cons of air suspension and how do you know the optimised setting for your van

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

On a Ducato the only real benefit I've found is being able to lift the back of the camper so it doesnt drag it's ars3 on the ground getting on and off the ferry.......

On Merc Sprinters it helps counteract their natural tendency to sway a lot .

I can't think of any cons apart from the cost .

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaMagooster

It depends on what air suspension you have. I got mine from an air suspension company in Dublin (Drive-Rite). They offer some pretty amazing options such as electronically controlled air suspension and automatic levelling at uneven camp sites. I had one fitted to my motorhome 2 years ago and I swear I have never looked back. The standard leaf springs are a joke. If I am ever getting another camper the first thing I am doing is fitting air suspension. These guys were great because they fitted it and gave aftersales support.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Fitted airbags to my ducato as it was only a 3300kg van.
    With scooter on back it was full time on bump stops.
    As the man said it just raises the rear so it doesn't look so sad.
    Real easy to fit, 400euros though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaMagooster

Did you get a compressor or just the two airbags and the manual inflation valve? They are very easy fit alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Manual inflation only.
    Have a lidl 12v compressor which pumps them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement