Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Translation

Options
  • 14-06-2010 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

Looking to get a tattoo that says 'there is nothing impossible to him who will try'- Alexander the Great quote. However I am not willing to trust the online translations etc. I am open to getting the tattoo in any form, such as old irish, chinese, japenese, arabic.....once it looks good.

Can anyone help with this or know a tattoo parlour in Dublin that could help?

Thanks, CM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭smartarse2007

im afraid i wouldnt be able to help you with the translation however im glad you arent even attempting to trust the online translator as what you could have ended up with would be just muddel / make no sense

em what you could do however is

there are language boards so maybe you could repost this page there

they are under SOC so some native speaker there would surely be more than happy to help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 39,104 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

An Alexander the great quote would be a little strange in chinese/japanese/irish etc
    Greek seems to be the obvious choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 marshall11

Thanks guys will do. It is more the saying I want dont know why I referenced Alexander the great but I take your point

Advertisement